Who We Are:
With office locations in Pittsburgh and Chicago, Gatesman is a privately held, fully integrated marketing communications agency with expertise in advertising, digital, analytics, public relations, social media, and performance media. We don’t shy away from the unknown and thrive on the speed of business. We solve business challenges by using data, and a human filter to fuel our marketing solutions- whether it’s building brand awareness, improving reputation, launching new products, or publishing brand narratives. We maintain our client relationships with an industry leading tenure of 7+ years on average.
Our agency is frequently named as being one of the Best Places to Work as voted by our own employees, and continuously earn a 90%+ satisfaction rate in blind annual surveys among our clients and employees. With 60+ associates and thriving, Gatesman serves clients nationwide in Healthcare, Higher Ed, Energy, Financial, Retail and B2B.
Associate Creative Director, Art
The Associate Creative Director (Art Director) is both a maker and leader. They have impeccable taste. They’re immersed in trends. They’re future-forward. And you can feel it in their work. They inspire the rest of the team, agency and (on a good day) the industry. They come up with their own ideas. They create images, videos, social posts, ads, actions, behaviors, and anything else that brings a brand’s creative strategy to life.
With guidance, they can run with any project. They are developing their skills in client and internal communications. They begin to take ownership of creating and delivering pitch presentations. They mentor and grow budding creative professionals to help them reach their full potential. As we say in the creative department, they are brutal on the work, but kind to the people.
And we really mean the part about being brutal. We’re looking for someone to elevate the quality of the look, feel, and craft of our work. We invite this person to torture the work, but not the people.
That’s how you’ll contribute to the overall creative culture of the company.
- Work closely with Creative Directors and Partners.
- Collaborate across disciplines with Product Managers, Strategists, UX Designers, Art Directors, and Developers
- Work closely with Project Managers and Account team to ensure on-brand design, accurate message content and adherence to the brand platform—including managing timelines and budgets,
- Begin to be responsible for managing client relationship in regards to all creative
- Begin to manage several small groups of team members on projects
- Participate in and lead team brainstorms and internal critiques
- Provide critical and constructive feedback to team members
- Effectively lead client presentations, including participating in new business presentations, while defending creative vision and decisions
- Assist in the recruitment and interviewing for open positions
- Ability to lead multiple projects at a time, and are able to expertly manage workload
- Responsible for managing workload and timeline for themselves and junior members of the team.
- Responsibility for managing junior members of the team and crafting a goal path for them.
- Effectively communicate creative vision to colleagues and clients by skillfully crafting and presenting brief, insights, inspiration and content
- Help develop new business strategies for new and existing clients. Generate ideas that excite clients and expand perceptions of what Gatesman does to drive results
- Keep abreast of cultural and industry trends that affect our clients’ audiences and technological advances that affect our approach and execution
- Know our clients’ business objectives and how they relate to the target audience to assist in creating relevant ideas.
- Actively contribute to enhancing and growing agency culture
- 7+ years of experience in creative marketing with a branding, advertising, or interactive agency, or relevant client side experience, 2+ years of experience in marketing leadership
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and cross-functionally
- Strong understanding of marketing and design principles
- Collaboration – The ability to work well with others at all times including under time-pressures and stress.
- Video skills (motion graphics, editing, camera, lighting, etc.)
- UX skills
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance available on the first day of employment
- 401k with an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Summer Friday’s
- 13 Holiday’s including time off between Christmas and New Years
- Paid Maternity Leave