Gatesman is a fast-growing marketing communications firm with an award-winning, full-service PR practice looking for a dynamic and accomplished PR Senior Account Executive (SAE). The SAE should have extensive experience delivering results for clients through a wide range of public relations efforts, including account management, writing, content, media and influencer relations, social media and events.
In addition to executing critical PR initiatives, the SAE should also be able manage junior team members and contribute to their training and growth. The SAE must demonstrate forward-thinking, sound judgment and decision-making skills, demonstrate a solid understanding of the importance and application of measurement, and be able to work with leadership to develop overall public relations and social media strategies for clients and the agency. Experience in corporate communication and with crisis communications and issues management are a plus. Prior agency experience is preferred.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Account Service: Proactive and responsive client interactions that are timely and serve to deepen the relationship between the agency and the client.
- Creative and Critical Thinking: Proactive identification of opportunities, especially media and social media opportunities, and commitment to presenting them to agency and client leadership so that they are adequately considered; proactive surfacing of issues and potential crises that have the potential to affect the agency or client positively or negatively.
- Financial Accountability: Self-starting willingness to work within a budget, to benchmark personal and team activity against a budget, to adapt course to stay within a budget (or advocate effectively for alternate approaches).
- Media Relations: Lead role in proactive development and nurturing of media relationships on a personal and agency level that benefit the agency and its clients, including regular contact with journalists.
- Writing and Editing: Accurate, compelling, creative and timely delivery of all written materials for client and agency. Having a strong design eye and the ability to direct dynamic multi-media content development are also valued.
- Social Media Savvy: Commitment to continual learning for proficiency in the nuances of multiple social platforms and tools to support; knowledgeable and adept across a range of social media skills, from strategy to content creation to community management and engagement activations.
- Event and Activation Management: Strong organizational skills to be able to manage preparation and execution of events and other activations to build customer and community engagement.
- Trend-spotting and Opportunity Identification: Contribution during daily What’s Trending meetings and beat reporting to enable collaborative team ideation on client opportunities.
- Alignment with Agency Values: exemplify the Gatesman values of Curiosity, Kindness, Creativity, Collaboration, Courage, and Thriving Through Change.
- Business Development: Proactive identification of business opportunities with existing and potential clients and sharing of them with their supervisor. Active participation as a team member on new business proposals and pitches, including a lead role in research of media relations and social media opportunities. Strong presentation skills are a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in communications and marketing
- PASSION, SMARTS, and CURIOSITY
- 4-7 years’ experience (agency preferred)
- Strong writing skills
- Team-oriented attitude and willingness to contribute wherever needed
- Desire to keep learning and advance within the agency
- Experience and knowledge of business operations
Pittsburgh, PA or Chicago, IL locations preferred but we will consider remote locations.