The Project Manager/Senior Project Manager (PM/SPM) position is an internally-focused role, managing the agency’s operational workflow and process on all projects to maximize agency efficiencies, profitability and quality. The PM/SPM is responsible for the execution of the project life cycle activities to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery. This includes detailed estimate and SOW development, project planning and execution, reporting, meeting coordination, project status communication, identifying risks and keeping resources and efforts focused on the priorities and staying on-track. The PM/SPM ensures integration, collaboration, quality and accountability across the agency. The PM/SPM will develop and grow effective, collaborative partnerships, provide leadership, cross-functional solutions, information, and guidance.
The right candidate will be solutions-driven, a facilitator and a team builder and possess strong communication, organizational, problem-solving and project management skills. The candidate will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large scale integrated, traditional and digital projects ranging in complexity and volume. The candidate must have the skills and experience to lead complex web-based programs and digital marketing campaigns with our clients. The candidate will equally be comfortable digging into business requirements as well as drilling into architecture and technology with agency and client teams.
The successful candidate:
● Owns the project workflow from inception to completion, creates and manages the project timeline, manages the resources for deliverables and provides end-to-end project management throughout the entire project life cycle.
● Accounts for each step in the creative and digital process and capable of managing project challenges and interfacing with Directors and Department Heads in creative, development, PR, analytics, media, production, etc. on resource needs.
● Has the ability to manage all project types, such as, but not limited to: digital media campaigns, display banners, social media, web development (redesigns/rebuilds), broadcast, video, print, OOH, radio etc., across cross-functional teams; creative, development, PR, analytics, media, production, etc.
● Works with the account management, PR, and marketing intelligence teams on scoping project requirements, preparing budgets, and overall client needs.
● Monitors project budgets and calls attention to scope creep, risk and budget overages as well as tracks change requests.
● Opens jobs in the agency system, and inputs established project budgets into the agency system, while monitoring the day-to-day execution of projects.
● Develops detailed project plans based on information provided at project onset, manages a detailed history of each project, and monitors progress including but not limited to workflow, goal setting, hours reports and tracking.
● Manages work internally, schedules all internal meetings, obtains all internal approvals.
● Maintains constant communication between all agency team members and agency partners on assigned projects regarding status, progress as well as ensuring the team has what they need to complete a task and is clear on deliverables.
● Highlights potential risks, raises flags as issues arise and acts proactively to resolve issues.
● Engages in contingency planning and recommends solutions.
● Ensures cross-department integration, fosters collaboration and enforces adherence to the defined workflow and quality control process.
● Ability to QA projects based on client requests, brand standards/guidelines, requirements and functionality knowledge.
● Develops and implements processes and tools to facilitate the seamless deliverables of multiple projects and identifies process improvements.
● Schedules and conducts Post-Mortem meetings as needed for continued evolution and efficiencies.
● Keeps project management tools updated for teams to always reference accurate project information and deadlines.
● Ability to communicate technical projects and situations in a clear and concise manner to internal teammates and clients alike.
● Ability to manage production projects: broadcast, video, photoshoots, etc., effectively communication with production partners, manage licensing and usage, and provide a producer role on production sets
● Opportunity for leading and mentoring entry-level employees
● Keeps Project Management Supervisor aware of progress on each project and raises any concerns as quickly as possible.
Qualifications include (but are not limited to):
● B.S. or B.A. in a Marketing, Advertising, or Technical discipline, and/or a related field.
● Mandatory: 3-5 years of ad agency experience. 3 years project management experience, with at least 2 years digital project management experience.
● Fast learner who easily adapts to various client demands.
● Very strong organizational skills, with the understanding that full accountability is demanded by senior management.
● Excellent written and verbal communicator, optimistic outlook, positive attitude, outgoing personality, proactive worker.
● Ability to speak comfortably to department and industry standards and best practices to current and potential clients.
● Experience managing employees, contractors, consultants and freelancers in a project team setting.
● Experience writing, tracking and communicating detailed project plans, business and technical specifications and other project documentation.
● A strong work ethic with the self-motivation needed to exceed expectations and a willingness to step out of assigned role to assist other team members.
● Well-rounded technical background in current web technologies such as: Websites, Databases, CMS’s, Mobile, iOS and Android Applications, social and current trending technologies.
● The drive and ability to work on multiple assignments under deadline pressures, while producing quality results that meet our client's marketing and communications objectives.
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Slack, and Google Drive and Google Workspace.
● Familiarity with Project Management software (Asana is a plus)
● The desire to thrive and excel in a very evolving agency culture that is fast paced, passionate, dynamic, and fun