The Senior Media Manager has 3 to 5 years of programmatic experience; someone who is entrepreneurial and eager to learn about all things related to media strategies.
The Senior Media Manager, Programmatic will develop unique and complex digital media plans that are consistent with client’s holistic strategies and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of programmatic and ad ops: from planning to implementation to optimization and performance reporting.
The right candidate must be comfortable liaising with clients, as a trusted advisor and as a member of an integrated performance marketing team. Additionally, you will be a trusted resource across Gatesman for programmatic and ad operations and expected to support and train junior team members as needed.
- Oversee and own multichannel programmatic campaigns (desktop, mobile, and video); providing troubleshooting campaign delivery and performance support
- Establish efficient workflows for collaboration and work with internal teams to provide clients with programmatic media recommendations and optimization strategies that align with objectives
- Speak to Gatesman’s differentiation in-market and highlight unique capabilities in the digital and programmatic space
- Maintain knowledge of media technology buying platforms and analytic tools
- Work with technology partners in order to secure support for daily campaign management and implementation questions
- Identify areas for opportunity to improve current procedures and grow internal team capability.
- Review optimization reporting and analysis, and meet performance KPIs
- Guide and execute for most effective campaign setup and efficient use of reporting systems
- Partner with internal teams to define features and drive product enhancements
- Drive programmatic planning and execution as part of an integrated digital media team to ensure optimal cross-channel performance with use of cutting-edge data targeting and audience buying
- Oversee completion of daily assignments, including but not limited to:
- Planning (research and builds, vendor communication and meetings, holistic planning and campaign recommendations /presentations)
- Execution (campaign builds, tagging/trafficking, optimizing internal/external status updates, custom creative reviews,
- Insights (reporting, gathering screenshots, slide/deck development, test and learns, research projects, Client POVs, etc).
- In partnership with the broader performance marketing team, create decks for media recommendations that are clear and explain your strategy and thought process
- Review/QA campaigns and reporting generated by junior team members
- Ability to communicate clearly via phone, email or presentation when evaluating digital media opportunities for clients
- Responsible for keeping up-to-date billing charts and working with billing department to ensure all bills are paid *Knowledge of Advantage is a plus
- Work with Marketing Intelligence team to develop thorough measurement plans and report on campaign performance regularly
- Show ability to execute tests, collect and analyze data, identify patterns and provide insights in order to achieve client’s goals
- Solid knowledge of other digital marketing platforms and capabilities is a plus, including paid social, paid search, tracking and tagging methods, and various analytic packages
- 3 to 5 years of programmatic buying and DSP experience; expert in planning/buying on DSP, working with 1st and 3rd party data
- In-platform execution experience pulling the levers in DSP platforms (i.e. Google’s DoubleClick Bid Manager, Google Preferred, Amazon AAP, Adobe, TheTradeDesk, MediaMath, Oath)
- Experience with digital ads trafficking is required (Atlas, DCM, Sizmek)
- Have understanding of critical programmatic campaign components such as: brand safety guidelines, ad viewability, and filtering for suspicious and/or fraudulent media activity
- Familiar with various forms of digital pricing models (CPM, CPC, CPV, CPA, CPCV, etc.) and when to leverage each
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly excel and can automate and find efficiencies in the process of trafficking
- The Trade Desk or DSP certification is a plus
- Outside of programmatic, strong working competency in paid social and paid search
- Ability to use third-party ad servers to traffic media campaigns and pull reports; experience with DCM and/or Google Marketing Platform (DBM) is a plus
- Exceptional written, verbal and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees & clients
- Strong time management skills
- Attention to detail and advanced follow-through skills
- Entrepreneurial with a hands-on approach
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment