- To effectively supervise the financial, legal, personnel, and internal affairs of the agency.
- Reports to the President and CEO.
- Achieves the timely recording of all transactions and the preparation of all financial reports.
- Manages client billing, both media and production.
- Manages monthly closing. Controls the flow of data into general ledger.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Maintains all corporate accounting records in accordance with established disposal schedules.
- Assists in the preparation of all audit/review schedules and review of the books and records with an outside audit team.
- Ensures that media payments to vendors are reviewed, verified, and approved.
- Maintains adequate controls of receipts and disbursements.
- Ensures that the agency’s cash flow is adequate to meet its commitments.
- Manages the agency’s travel and entertainment policy and procedural guidelines, execution, and updating.
- Prepares special reports and performs studies as directed by the President, EVP, and SVP.
- Supervises external audits requested by agency clients.
- Protects corporate assets through sound accounting policies and procedures which include:
- Provision for insurance coverage, as required; and
- Protection of business assets and loss prevention through internal control and internal auditing.
- Contributes to corporate strategy and operations as a key member of executive management which includes:
- Management of cash and other investments;
- Maintenance of bank relationship;
- Receipt, custody, and disbursement of the company’s monies and securities; and
- Credit and collection management in a timely fashion.
- Obtains monthly projection of revenue from EVP, prepares annual and monthly expense forecasts upon which management decisions can be based, such as:
- Accuracy of year end forecast; and
- Appropriate budgets and budget directives.
- Works with the EVP and AE’s to track and institute plans for all losing accounts first, then all accounts.
- Assumes responsibilities of Network Administrator; manages information systems which include:
- Development of and use of electronic data processing facilities (for payroll processing)
- Administers tax strategy.
- Coordinates legal affairs.
- Managing all agency legally-binding contracts including client service, vendors and real estate.
- Agency financial goals are met.
- Audits/Reviews reveal competent accounting practices.
- Budgets are met in area of responsibility for Controller.
- Agency operations run smoothly.
- CPA Preferred
- Agency and Advantage experience a plus