The Public Relations/Social Media Assistant Account Executive (PR AAE) is junior-level position within the agency’s PR and Social Media practice. The PR AAE generally provides assistance to account managers and/or department functions in the day-to-day management of accounts and develops the skills necessary to advance to the position of account executive.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Provides support functions to account executives, and account manager on day-to-day client and account activities for Public Relations/Social Media including assisting with media placements/media relations, updating social media platforms (Facebook/Twitter/YouTube/Blog rolls) responding to client phone calls and emails, coordinating production and creative deadlines, assisting with status report updates, Project Initiation form completion, etc. to ensure continued progress of client workflow.
- At the direction of the PR Director, participate as a team member in client relationships, providing team support in social media, press and analyst relations, research, writing and editing. Remains aware of client activities to provide backup when needed/as requested. Gathers and assembles background information and analyses as needed in development of briefs, new business pitches, and agency work and activities, etc.
- With the support and guidance of supervisors and senior team members, develop tools such as media lists and planning calendars to help manage media activities on all PR accounts. Identify, share and develop media leads from the HARO service for existing clients, the agency and prospects.
- At the direction of the PR Director, support and participate in agency initiatives to develop new service or product areas, processes, systems, etc. As a member of the Gatesman team, support new business, visibility and strategic initiatives to benefit the agency and agency team members.
- Demonstrate strong writing, but also (and just as important), strong development of media relationships and client relationships.
- Maintain an awareness of local and national media, developments in the local and regional business landscape and the PR and Social Media business trends.
- As a member of the PR team, develop and benefit financially, personally and professionally from opportunities to improve department operations, gain new clients and enhance the image and reputation of Gatesman.
- Work with supervisors to map out a short-term and long-term path for personal and professional growth and development as a member of the agency team.