Protects and furthers the financial interests of the agency by managing/ supervising agency financial resources, agency operations, and maximizes agency wealth. Reports to the agency President/CEO and should represent and execute the corporate strategy set forth by the agency partners ensuring that business decisions are grounded in solid financial criteria.
• Provides recommendations to the President and CEO based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
• Develops agency financial policies for managing assets and liabilities.
• Oversees the development of agency budgets and financial plans.
• Arranges sources for financing agency activities.
• Explores and develops new areas for agency growth and profitability.
• Works with the agency mgmt team to efficiently manage agency financial resources including
managing client profitability and team utilization goals.
• Oversees/Manages client billing, both media billing and production.
• Manages monthly closings. Controls the flow of data into the general ledger.
• Oversees the preparation of monthly balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
• Maintains all corporate accounting records in accordance with established
• Ensures that media payments to vendors are reviewed, verified, and approved.
• Maintains adequate controls of receipts and disbursements.
• Ensures that the agency’s cash flow is adequate to meet its commitments.
• Oversees financial contracts and agreements relating to leases and vendor
relations, including building, rent, office equipment and purchases, leases, etc.
• Develops and oversees client cost accounting approach/Advantage agency systems.
• Working with the Agency Management Team, develops, negotiates and
implements profitable client compensation systems.
• Negotiates and prepares client-agency agreements.
Information Systems Development
• Determines information needs of management and departments.
• Sees that appropriate information systems are developed and implemented.
• Prepares and completes any financial projects assigned by the President and CEO
• Responds to financial needs by initiating financial projects within the department.
Human Resources/Employee Benefit Programs
• Collaborates/teams with HR function working in conjunction with Agency Partners
retirement plans with provider (Fidelity) are met.
• Develops and maintains programs for employee healthcare plans including
feasibility of disability, life insurance plans, dental 401K etc.
• Responds to other employment benefit needs as they arise.
• Maintains top-level contact with any agency legal counsel, consultants, public
accounting firms, and banking/loan representatives. Etc.
• 10-15 years of experience with at least 2 in the Controller and/or CFO role of an Advertising agency or similar professional services business or professional trade association.
• C-suite experience in managing staff for Finance, IT, HR and Operations
•Undergraduate and graduate degrees in Finance, Management, Accounting - MBA and/or CPA helpful
• Experience in dealing with corporate governance and BOD relations
• Deep knowledge of the Advertising/Marketing Communications business
• P&L responsibility for a sizeable business
• Excellent communication, negotiation, management and mediation skills
• Strategic planning and implementation skills
This position will require occasional weekly in-person time in the Pittsburgh office starting in September 2021. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. Applications without stated salary expectations will not be considered.